Thousands of visitors every summer sacrifice a swim or two in the enchanting beaches of the island to view the exceptional cultural heritage of Milos with no regrets but lots of admiration.
The museums of Milos are five: the Archaeological, the Ecclesiastical, the Folkloric / Historical, the Maritime and the Mining.
- The Archaeological Museum of Milos is located in Plaka and housed in a famous neoclassical building. Here you can admire collections of sculptures, reliefs, inscriptions and objects from the prehistoric era of the island. Of course, there is a true copy of the Aphrodite of Milos, created in the laboratories of the Louvre museum, where in the original statue is kept.
- The Ecclesiastical Museum of Milos is located in Adamas, the main port of the island, in the church of the Holy Trinity. There you have the chance to admire the religious art. Hagiographies, old icons, famous painters’ work, wood carved church structures, chalices and many more rare pieces of art.
- The Folkloric / Historical museum of Milos is located in Plaka and here you will be able to travel back in time and see how the residents used to live in the 19th century. So, entering in a household of that period, you will understand the way of life with its peculiarities and difficulties.
- The Maritime Museum of Milos is also located in Adamas and houses the famous wood boat "Eirini". There you will find exhibits from prehistory to modern times, as well as rare maps.
- The Mining museum of Milos is located just outside Adamas and was created in 1998 by the company S & B Industrial Minerals SA. Here displays the mining history of Milos and its natural, geological wealth. Besides the industrial minerals, you can watch the video, that through the stories of old miners, you travel in old excavations and to the first findings.